If you’re wondering what the best corner desks for small spaces are, you’ve come to the right place. These days we all need some sort of office space, and just because you might be living in a small house or apartment, that doesn’t mean you should have to forsake having a usable computer desk.
In this best of post we’ll be taking a look 13 of the best computer desks for small spaces. Some are L shaped desks, or desks designed to fit snugly into a corner, but a few are also just small, convenient desks that you’ll find very handy in a small area or for downsized living.
This list is in no particular order, and all the desks mentioned certainly have their good points and advantages.
You Don’t Need a Big Space
If you’ve got plenty of room to accommodate a large and spacious desk to work from, then that’s awesome, but if not, there are still plenty of options available that have enough room and shelf space to house everything you need to do what you’ve gotta do.
Most of these smaller desks are actually very nicely priced, look stylish, are sturdy, and every bit just as good as a large desk, just minus as much desk space. And the fact that most are designed to slot into a corner is a huge bonus when space is at a premium.
Why Buy a Corner Desk?
The main reason is they tend to take up a lot less floor space. It doesn’t matter if the desk is an L shape or not, if it fits comfortably into a corner of the room (living room, study, bedroom), and you have a spare corner, you’ll find the desk is out of the way and doesn’t take up much valuable space at all.
These days most of us want some desk space for a laptop, or even just for reading or making notes. With the internet, smartphones, tablets and computers, some sort of desk area is almost a must.
And like I said, if you don’t have lots of room, something that slots into a corner is really a blessing, as they take up less space than in the middle of a room, and that’s exactly how you want it to be.
The Types of Corner Desk
The “L” Shaped Corner Desk – Some of these desks can be rather large, but there are also small varieties. The advantage of the L shape is they give you a fair amount of desk space without taking up valuable floor space. You really just need some wall space.
The Triangle Corner Desk – These fit snugly into a corner just like the L shaped desk does, except they’ll take up a touch more floor space due to their triangle design. However, they still consume a lot less area than a conventional rectangular or large desk does.
The Small Compact Desk – This type of desk is designed to be economical on space. While not strictly a corner desk, they are designed to be up against a wall and work well in a corner. Generally this style of desk will have a series of shelves, one above the other, so you have the space you need for computers, printers and so on, without needing an expansive area.
Match Your Desk To Your Decor
Desks tend to come in a variety of colour schemes, most of them being rather neutral. This means it’s very easy to find a corner desk or small desk that will match up with your current decor and interior design.
Now there are exceptions, and you certainly don’t want to choose a colour or design that clashes. You want something that suits your particular style and taste.
For the most part you really can’t go wrong with desks though. A number of them come with glass shelves too, which really blend in well with any decor or colour scheme. Glass is timeless.
Common Desk Features
Not all desks will come with drawers and storage space, but obviously if you don’t have much space on hand, then the more storage area your desk has the better.
At the very least you want it to have enough shelves to house everything you need to have on your desk.
The majority of small desks and corner desks will have a slide out draw on which to place a computer keyboard for a desktop computer.
Some desks will come on caster wheels so you can easily move them around. However, this isn’t really a feature you need your small desk to have.
The most important thing is, no matter how tight space is, is that your desk has enough space for your requirements. If it doesn’t, then there’s no point buying a small desk or corner desk if it can’t service you specific needs.
What To Consider When Choosing a Corner Desk
We’ve pretty much covered most of this already I think. What you want to do is make sure the desk you choose is going to fit in the space you have available. And don’t forget about a chair. You need room for that as well.
Along with that, just make sure it matches your decor and that there is enough space available for everything you want to use it for and put on the desk.
If you have stacks of things you want to keep on your desk or in the drawers, then you’ll want to choose maybe an L shaped desk and one that has some drawers for storage.
What you also need to consider is what the desk is made of. Do you prefer a desk with a glass top and shelves? Or is wood more your go? What about a metal frame with either wood, glass or metal flat surfaces?
I personally like glass desks, but that’s just me. They’re actually very easy to keep clean, suit any style and decor and look really classy.
Anyway, it’s time to look at our best of list of 13 corner and small desks for people with limited space.
Kings Furniture Timber Corner Desk With Drawer
That’s what you want if space is limited, regardless of what room in the home you want to situate this desk. Whether it’s the living room, kitchen/dining area, bedroom, or the home office, this desk will hardly consume any floor space at all.
If you’ve got a vacant corner, then you can easily fit this versatile desk from Kings Furniture.
There are 2 colours to choose from in this particular desk, and they are your classics of white and black. Now that’s a really good thing, because both of these colours can seriously suit any colour scheme or decor.
Let’s look at what else this corner desk has to offer:
- It only has the one drawer and not a lot of surface area on the desk, but it’s a really good choice for people with a minimalist style who seriously don’t require a lot of desk room or storage area
- We’ve established that in comes in 2 choices of black and white. Along with this, the desk has knobs in stylish brushed nickel, adding a touch of class and elegance to the desk
- Customer reviews on Amazon are unanimous about this being a desk that doesn’t take up much space at all, which is great news for all you people who don’t have a lot of room to work with
- The desk’s dimensions are – 28” wide x 28” deep x 30” high
- Draw dimensions – 14.5” wide x 11.5” deep x 1.75” high
SHW L-Shaped Home Office Corner Desk
This is a small L shaped corner desk that seriously doesn’t use up a lot of room. It’s available in slick black or stylish silver, two colours that blend in nicely with just about any decorative scheme and colour palette.
What I really like about this particular desk is that it looks more expensive than what it actually is. The desk sells quite cheaply on Amazon, but looks like a desk worth twice as much. You certainly get more than what you pay for with this offer from SHW.
The powder coated and very sturdy steel frame is topped by a glass surface. The glass gives the desk a very timeless and classy look, while the frame is not only strong, it’s also lightweight. So if you have to move the desk around, once you take the glass off of it, the frame hardly weighs anything and is super easy to relocate.
To entice you even further, let’s list a few more features:
- The glass is strong tempered glass. For you this means safety. It’s very unlikely that the glass surfaces will break with normal use, and not even likely to get chipped. Each edge is bevelled, so zero chance of cutting yourself
- There is assembly required with instructions to show you what to do. It’s all step by step and super simple to put together
- The average customer review rating on Amazon is 4.4 out of 5 stars, so that speaks volumes for the look and quality of this corner desk
- It’s not a large desk, so perfect for those in tiny homes and for small spaces
- Dimensions – 51” wide x 19” deep x 28.5” high
Mobile & Compact Small Computer Workstation
Either of these colours will blend in seamlessly with most colour schemes.
Even though this one isn’t a corner desk in the strictest sense of the term, it’s so compact that its footprint barely takes up any floor space. You could easily locate this one in the corner of the living room and not even know it’s there for the most part.
This little desk looks very modern and is budget friendly. Currently there are well over 1000 reviews on Amazon with a 4.4 from 5 star rating.
What I really love about this workstation – apart from the fact that it’s a real space saver in design – is that it’s on wheels, so it’s super easy to move about whenever you need to. The wheels are also lockable so you won’t accidentally move the desk if you bump into it.
To whet your appetite even further, let’s check out some more key features:
- The desk panels are made from a heavy duty MDF that’s also water resistant. This means if you spill your morning coffee on the desk, it won’t damage it (just don’t spill it on your laptop)
- Along with the casters, the super lightweight metal framework makes moving this desk around a breeze
- The monitor and printer shelves are adjustable to heights that suit you, and it comes with a convenient pull out keyboard drawer for even more space saving. There is even a CD rack on the side
- For complete peace of mind the manufacturer gives you a 5 year warranty on this one
- Dimensions – 31” wide x 23.5” deep x 41” high
Tangkula Space Saving Compact Desk
Just like the compact computer workstation mentioned above, this little desk is also on casters for easy manoeuvring. You can lock the wheels so the desk remains immobile when you’re working on it.
Another really cool feature this desk has is its own mini filing cabinet with 3 drawers. This gives you loads of storage area without compromising floor space.
The most unique feature about this particular desk is that it folds in half. What this means is that when you’re done using it for the day, you simply fold the top part of the desk up onto itself, thus halving the floor space it’s using in one fell swoop.
If that’s not enough, you even get:
- A choice of two neutral colours of beige and brown. Both colours will match up with any interior design scheme
- It’s constructed from high quality MDF panels and tubular steel. This makes for a very sturdy construction that’s not likely to break, but is also lightweight enough to easily move about when needed
Let’s not take a peek at those important dimensions:
- Open – 41.5” wide x 20” deep x 29.5” high
- Folded – 18.5” wide x 20” deep x 29.5” high
Southern Enterprises Fold-Out Convertible Desk
It attaches to the wall and folds out when you need to use it. Finished working on your laptop? Simply fold the desk back up again into the wall and it practically vanishes.
What a great idea!
The antique white timber finish gives it somewhat of a rustic farmhouse look, while still being modern and functional. Combine this with the fact that it’s made from durable birch veneer, and you’re onto a winning combination.
Let’s look at some more features of this very innovative, space saving desk:
- The wall mounted section of the desk is like an organiser, enabling you to keep your life in order in one compact part of the home. There is a cork board, a range of shelves (2 of which are adjustable) and even a bill organiser
- The desktop fold out section has a maximum capacity of 20lbs, which is more than enough for a computer and other items
- There are many happy customers on Amazon, so you can buy with confidence
- Overall dimensions – 22” wide x 36” deep x 58” high
- Closed Dimensions – 22” wide x 6” deep x 58” high
- Workspace dimensions – 30” wide x 20” deep x 28.75” high
Tangkula 2 Tier Computer Desk
This is another compact and space saving desk brought to us by Tangkula. Again. This isn’t an L shaped or triangular desk, but it’s definitely small enough when placed up against a wall or put in the corner to be a real space saver.
It’s a rather simple desk it its design, but lightweight and functional. It’ll get the job done without a lot of bells and whistles.
It comes in a wood grain laminated finish with a strong frame made from powder coated steel painted black. This one would match up better in a home that has a bit of wooden furniture and timber in its interior design.
It’s a very modern looking desk that’s small enough to be in the bedroom, living room, or a home office.
What else does this 2 tier desk offer?
- The surfaces are highly stain and scratch resistant. That includes the frame as well. This means your desk will stay looking like new for longer
- It may be small and compact, but because of its open surface design, there is plenty of room to house your computer, documents, books and other desk related items
- It has a maximum load capacity of about 110lbs, so you can be sure this desk is built super tough and made to last
- Overall dimensions – 31.5” wide x 19.7” deep x 36.2” high
L Shaped Office Corner Desk with Hutch
The seller of this L shaped corner desk with hutch says the colour scheme is black and cherry, but it looks more like a standard black and brown to me, with a faux wood grain finish on the desk’s working surfaces.
This desk is a little larger than some others on this list, but it’s not huge by any means, and the fact that it’s L shaped means you can tuck it out of the way in a corner if you like.
Because of the addition of the hutch, plus a slide out keyboard shelf, there is quite a lot of work and storage area with this desk, without it taking up a lot of room. And that’s what you want.
It’s a conventional and modern design that’ll suit most decor with its sleek lines and finish, and you’ll find there’s more than enough space on this corner desk to suit all of your requirements.
You’ll also like:
- The storage space that the added hutch proved, including a section with a door to conceal any messy items
- The slide out keyboard shelf is versatile and can be utilised for more purposes than just housing a computer keyboard
- It’s made super sturdy. You can rest assured you’ll get many years of working pleasure from this corner desk, yet it’s also not heavy and cumbersome
- Customer reviews on Amazon are mostly positive, with a common theme that this desk doesn’t take up that much space
- Dimensions – 47.4” wide x 49” deep x 60” high
TMS Morgan Corner Desk with Hutch
A really nice corner desk with hutch from TMS Morgan really epitomises the space saving ability of the corner desk when you need a workstation for small spaces. It comes in a deep brown colour that blends in perfectly in most situations.
You really couldn’t ask for a more space saving design in a desk than what you get here. There is actually loads of storage and work space, while the desk leaves a very minimal footprint when it comes to floor space.
Other features at a glance include:
- A slide out keyboard shelf for more space savings and user convenience. You’ll love how fluid the drawer is, and you can even use it for other things, such as writing and note taking
- Very sturdy construction of the desk and hutch means you get to enjoy your new workstation for longer
- Desk dimensions are – 35.5” wide x 35.5” deep x 61” high
You really can’t go wrong with a corner desk and hutch setup like this one from TMS Morgan. It really is a space saver with loads of room for work and storage.
C-Hopetree Ladder Style Computer Desk
For those who really like a minimalist and space saving design for their workstation, this ladder style computer desk might be just what you’ve been searching for. It hardly consumes any floor area at all and could quite easily be used as shelving if you like.
The metal A frame design is sleek and modern, yet the wooden shelves have a somewhat vintage and rather rustic appeal, with its white washed and distressed wood.
If you don’t need a lot of space to work or use your laptop, then this is a good choice, and is also wallet friendly when it comes to price.
Perfect for gaming, or even as a reading desk, this one is simplistic enough in look and design to fit in any room in the house. It’s the perfect desk for teenagers to do their studies as well, as it easily fits in a bedroom, even a small one.
More features you’ll love include:
- This desk is so easy to clean even your kids will do it. All that’s required is a quick wipe over of the horizontal surfaces with a damp cloth. That’s it
- Shelves are made from durable MDF and are mounted on a powder coated frame. This desk is strong, yet lightweight and easy to relocate, even for one person
- The main shelf capacity holds up to 30lbs, so plenty of strength to accommodate whatever you need to use on your desk
- Dimensions are – 29.1” wide x 18.9” deep x 57.9” high
Height Adjustable Standing Desk and Foldable Workstation
Let’s face it. When you sit down at a desk too long you tend to slouch, and if you do it often enough you just feel like you’re getting lazy and fat. Science has also shown there are health benefits to standing, and sitting for prolonged periods is considered largely the opposite.
One major point that needs to be said about this standing desk available on Amazon is the rating customers have given it. Out of a possible maximum of 5 stars, the average rating for this desk is 4.8 from more than 150 reviews.
That’s really, really high, earning it the badge of “Amazon’s Choice”.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to stand at this desk. You can have it on the floor and use it as a sit down desk as well.
Let’s see what else this desk offers:
- This convertible desk has an easy to operate lift and lower mechanism, which means you don’t have to bust a gut trying to raise it or lower it to the desired height
- Along with ease of adjustment there are also 200 height adjustable positions, so you’re assured of finding just the right height to suit you
- No customer assembly is required with this one, unlike some of the other desks. This means you can be using your desk straight out of the box and within mere minutes
- Outstanding build quality seems to be the general consensus when you read the Amazon reviews
- Dimensions – 32” wide x 22” deep x adjustable height
TechOrbits Mobile Standing Desk
This is another standing workstation that’s height adjustable to fit nicely with your personal stature. You can also use it as a sit down desk as well, provided you have a nice tall chair or stool to perch yourself on.
One really cool feature of this standing desk is it’s on wheels, so you can move it around effortlessly and at will. To make sure it doesn’t move when you don’t want it to, each wheel has a brake on it to keep it stationary.
If space is on the low side in your home, then you’ll be really glad to know that this workstation really takes up no room at all. In fact, it’s so versatile in its compact design that you can use it as a projector stand, or even as shelving.
This one is perfect for any room in the house and allows you to live a healthier lifestyle by being able to stand up to work.
More features to this desk are:
- A massive load capacity of 33lbs per shelf, so you can load this desk up and know that nothing’s going to break or collapse
- The FREE lifetime warranty on this desk will give you complete peace of mind
- Dimensions are – 27.8” wide x 27.6” deep x 49.2” maximum adjustable height
Corner Desk In Mission Oak Finish
Built from beautiful Mission Oak with gunmetal grey fittings, this timeless style of desk really does look simple but classy.
There is actually quite a bit of surface space to work on, as well as having a convenient lower shelf that follows the lines of the desk just above the floor.
This corner desk would suit any room in the house without using much floor space. Use it as a computer desk, reading and writing table, ornament shelf, photo display cabinet and more. It really is a versatile design.
You can add the following to its list of features:
- Overall dimensions – 48” wide x 32.5” deep x 30” high
- The drawer in this desk is actually a slide out keyboard shelf, which is another space saving feature. The extendable shelf can also be used as a way to make more desk space for other uses.
- Keyboard shelf dimensions are – 27” wide x 12” deep x 2.75” high
- The desktop supports up to 40lbs in weight, so you’ll have no issues loading the desk up with whatever you need
- There is also a covered hole in the top of the desk allowing you to easily and neatly run cords and wires down under the desk to be plugged into wall sockets
Sauder Beginnings Corner Desk In a Cinnamon Cherry Finish
This is a really cleverly designed corner desk from Sauder, making great use of space by placing alcoves and shelves for storage in the “legs” of the desk itself. It’s a really cool idea and the desk overall looks super functional and quite classy.
Another handy feature about the shelves under the desk is they are height adjustable in 3 positions, so you’ll have no issues finding the right height to stow your books, manuals, computer and gaming gear, or anything else you like.
With a covered hole in the top of the desk on either side above the shelves, you can even run wires down and connect up a small printer or scanner.
- The perfect size and shape desk for small spaces and downsized homes or apartments. You won’t need to miss out on having a desk just because you don’t have loads of room
- At a fairly hefty 50lbs in weight, this desk is very sturdy, so you’ll have no problems with it moving and shaking when gaming or using your laptop
- The desk has received an average 4 star rating on Amazon, so it’s been well received by previous customers
- Dimensions are – 53.1” wide x 23.5” deep x 28.7” high
Even though not all desks on this list are tailor made for corners, all will fit nicely into the corner of a room without consuming much of the available space. They are the best corner desks for small spaces and I’m sure you’ll find something on this list that meets your needs.
Just click the button below each listing to learn more and check the latest prices.
Happy corner desk hunting.